If there’s one thing that all the luxury apartment rentals in Chicago’s Gold Coast have in common, it’s this: easy access to the great events in the Gold Coast. This hot, in-demand neighborhood north of downtown is loaded with restaurants, bars, art galleries, shopping, museums and more. You’re in the center of everything. Move here, and you’ll take your pick of wonderful Gold Coast community events, from wine fests to shopping extravaganzas.
What are some of the popular events in the Gold Coast that you can enjoy when you make this part of the Windy City your home? Here’s a look:
- A Magnificent Mile of Fair Trade. As the largest fair trade city in America, Chicago’s the perfect location for celebrating World Fair Trade Day on May 11 each year. This event, held in Daley Plaza, gives you access to fair trade giveaways, panel discussions and even its own Ethical Fashion Show.
- Wine Fest on the Beach. Held in May and August, this festival for wine lovers involves wine tastings from all over the world, as well as various giveaways.
- Gold Coast Art Fair. Held each summer at Grant Park, the Gold Coast Art Fair is a wonderful opportunity to explore artwork, view demonstrations, savor the Chicago sun, and grab a beer and some food.
- Evening on Astor. This annual block party and fundraiser joins Gold Coast locals for an evening of fun featuring food trucks, live music and the chance to mingle with neighbors.
- Best in Gold Coast Dog Show. This annual dog show held along North Avenue between State and Inner Lake Shore Drive features some of the top dogs in Chicago.
- Historic architectural tours. The Charnley-Persky House is a Gold Coast treasure offering weekly tours6. Likewise, there are various walking tours of the community that guide participants past the historic Drake Hotel, the original Playboy Mansion, examples of Frank Lloyd Wright architecture and more.
When you’re a Gold Coast resident, there’s always something fun to do. The ideas above just scratch the surface. Other area amenities include the Chicago Children’s Museum, the Chicago History Museum, Garfield Park Conservatory, the historic Water Tower, Millennium Park, multiple architectural treasures and more. Explore the current listings for luxury apartment rentals in the Gold Coast, and surround yourself with everything the Gold Coast has to offer!