When you make your home in one of the luxury apartments available for rent in Chicago’s Gold Coast neighborhood, you have some of the Windy City’s best attractions at your fingertips. From catching a play at the Broadway Playhouse to renting a book at the Newberry Library, there’s so much to love about this esteemed neighborhood, set just north of downtown.
If you want to relocate and learn more about things to do in the Gold Coast, here’s a small sampling:
- Visit the Chicago Water Tower. Play tourist when you visit one of Chicago’s most treasured landmarks, the Chicago Water Tower1. One of the few buildings to survive the Great Chicago Fire of 1871, this historic destination features changing exhibitions and gives locals and visitors alike a way to experience the city’s past.
- Shop at Water Tower Place. Across from the Chicago Water Tower, Water Tower Place2 is one of the city’s largest shopping malls — offering 758,000 square feet of retail pleasure, with more than 100 stores.
- Catch a show at Broadway Playhouse. In the heart of the Magnificent Mile, Broadway Playhouse3 is an intimate venue showcasing a variety of theatrical experiences. Since its re-opening in 2010, it’s hosted shows such as worldwide musical “Rock of Ages” and international hit “Love, Loss, and What I Wore.”
- Grab a book or attend a seminar at Newberry Library. Established in 1887, the Newberry Library4 is a renowned location that has attracted scholars and researchers from all over the world. Free and open to the public, it hosts various programs, seminars and events throughout the year.
- Stroll through Washington Square Park. Across from the Newberry Library, you’ll find Washington Square Park5 — a small but active community park with a floral garden and fountain.
- Explore the Charnley-Persky House Museum. A National Historic Landmark building, the Charnley-Persky House Museum6 is a local architectural treasure open for tours. Designed by Louis Sullivan with help from Frank Lloyd Wright, the landmark is considered a pivotal piece of modern American architectural design.
- Soak up sun at Oak Street Beach. Make the most of summer sunshine when you visit Oak Street Beach7 — a popular summer hotspot with chair rentals, bike rentals, a cafe, restrooms and a beautiful view of the city’s skyline.
Living in the Gold Coast puts you in the heart of the city’s best amenities. In addition to the great Gold Coast attractions above, you’re minutes from sporting events, restaurants, cultural attractions and other entertainment. If you’re interested in learning more about where to visit for the best things to do in the Gold Coast, explore the luxury apartments available for rent in this beloved community today!