Thinking of moving to Chicago’s West Loop community? Browse apartment rentals currently available in this area, and you’re looking at more than luxury living. That’s because this thriving community is home to some of Chicago’s best events — from music festivals to street fairs. Living here, you’ll be surrounded by all kinds of possibilities for entertainment: great restaurants and bars, art galleries, shopping and more.
To get you excited about all the events in the West Loop, here’s a look at some of the best West Loop community events you could be enjoying when you call this neighborhood home:
- Taste of Randolph. Benefiting the West Loop Community Organization, the Taste of Randolph is a street festival bringing menus from 16 of the best names in Chicago dining, as well as a curated list of bands and musicians.
- Movies in the Park. For a family-friendly activity, the West Loop offers Movies in the Park during the summer months. Bring some chairs and blankets, and watch fun films at Heritage Green Park and Mary Bartelme Park.
- Randolph Street Market. The Randolph Street Market is a world-renowned monthly flea market that features the Chicago Antique Market, the Indie Designer Market, the Modern Vintage Chicago and the Holiday Market. An indoor/outdoor European-style market festival, it’s held at the Art Deco Plumbers Union Hall. Visit to browse more than 200 vendors.
- Chicago Beer Festival. The Chicago Beer Festival offers participants a way to sample brews from more than 70 breweries, along with enjoying food and music.
- Pitchfork Music Festival. One of the best events in West Loop, the Pitchfork Music Festival is an internationally recognized music festival that features over 40 acts over three days each summer.
- North Coast Music Festival. Held at the end of each summer, the North Coast Music Festival is a music and arts festival filled with folk, hip-hop and rock music.
- Chicago French Market. Open year-round, the Chicago French Market is an indoor, European-inspired marketplace of vendors offering specialty food items and gifts. It also offers weekly live music and happy hour specials.
One visit to the West Loop is all it takes to see that this area has a lot to offer. If you’re thinking of moving here, check out our current list of West Loop apartment rentals, and find the right one for you!